Thursday, July 20, 2017

Daily Devotion: Woe Is Me


Bible Reading: Micah 7:1-10

Key Verse: Verse 7 - “Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me."

Key Words: I will wait for the God of my salvation

You can tell Micah is in despair by the first three words of the chapter, “Woe is me.”

Micah is in despair because:

  1. The good men are all gone (verse 2),
  2. Judges are rendering decisions based upon who could pay him the most (verse 3),
  3. Men are painful (verse 4),
  4. Children are dishonoring their parents (verse 6).

So Micah says, “I’ll stop looking at men and look at God” (verse 7).

Whenever I interview a prospective staff member, I will frequently ask three questions. First, where do you want to be in five years? Secondly, what’s the last book you read? Lastly, I will take them to my office window, look out and ask them what they see. Most will say trees, grass, blinds, cars, road, etc. But on one occasion a young man said, “I see all of God’s creation in the trees, grass, and the birds.” His focus was right; it’s really the way to avoid the despair that comes from the sin and carnality of the world.



What to do:
✞ Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.