Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Daily Devotion: Feeling Important

Bible Reading: Proverbs 10:1-19

Key Verse: Verse 19 - "In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise."

Key Words: In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin

I do think one of the great adversities we face is the discouragement of not feeling needed. Often we feel unneeded because of things people say.

One day a wise man came to a small town. He needed a place to stay so he went to the first church he found. Inside, a small group of people argued about how they could best please God.

“I’ll help you,” the man said, “but you must promise to use what I do to glorify God.”

“Oh, we will,” the people assured him. “We will.”

He gave each of them gifts – one was to be a pianist, another a flutist. To one he gave a cello, to another a violin, and to yet another he gave the role of toe-tapper.

The people worked hard and long to prepare a song of praise for the church. The music became more and more beautiful.

One afternoon during practice the violinist said to the pianist, “I’m so glad I have the important job of playing the violin. I’d sure hate to be a toe-tapper.” The toe-tapper was so hurt that he went home.

The next day, when the group met to practice, nothing came together right. Finally, the flutist said, “Without the toe-tapper here I don’t know when to come in for my part.” They started over time and time again, but the music sounded terrible.

It was then that the violinist spoke up in a very sad voice. “I’m sorry. This is all my fault. I thought I was so important that I didn’t need the help of the toe-tapper. I was wrong!”

So he led the way to the toe-tapper’s house and asked him to come back with them. The toe-tapper agreed and once again the music was beautiful.

Then, one Sunday, they played their music in church. God looked down and smiled. I think he even winked at the toe-tapper.


What to do:
✞ Your best! If you’re the toe-tapper for God, you are important so do your best.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email