Sunday, April 29, 2018

Daily Devotion: This Is The Day

Bible Reading: Psalm 118

Key Verse: Verse 24 - "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

Key Words: This is the day which the LORD hath made

The adversities of yesterday and the potential for adversity tomorrow can rob me of the joy God has for my life.

Missionary Tom Stubrick says the following.

“I must live today. Yesterday has gone behind locked doors, while tomorrow is shaded by a veil. Only with today am I able to do anything. Today is the only day where I can live; today is what the Lord has given me.

“If I try to live in yesterday, re-living its failures or resting on its successes; then I lose this fleeting moment of today. Yesterday has a keyless lock. I can learn from yesterday, I can cherish yesterday, but I cannot unlock it. Today is the only day I can live; today is what the Lord has given me.

“If I try to live in tomorrow, full of its hopes and dreams; then I lose this moment to make yesterday’s dream a reality. Tomorrow lies hidden behind a veil constantly moving forward. I can plan for tomorrow, I can prepare for tomorrow; but I cannot go beyond that veil. Today is the only day where I can live; today is what the Lord has given me.

“I must live today. Today is what the Lord has given me. I can use the lessons of the past and reach for the dreams of tomorrow, but I must live today – or I will have failed to live at all. It is God’s gift for His glory.

“This was the idea which Paul had in mind in Col. 4:5 when he penned those words to describe his attitude towards life. Only when we learn this can we say we have ‘redeemed the time’ the Lord has given to us. Too many believers live content with what they used to do or with a promise to serve ‘tomorrow;’ while the mind Paul encourages is one which asks, ‘What does the Lord have for me today?’”


What to do:
✞ Live for the Lord today rejoicing in Him moment by moment.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email