Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Daily Devotion: God Planned It

Bible Reading: Exodus 4:1-17

Key Verse: Verse 11 - "And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?"

Key Words: have not I the LORD

I read the following. The author is unknown.

Some years ago, a young minister in whose church I was holding a series of weekly meetings, said to me, “I may not be able to attend every meeting because we are expecting a baby soon.” About three weeks later he came to the service, just before its close. Afterward I went to his study; his back was to me, as I asked, “Well, which is it, boy or girl?” He turned, and I saw tragedy written on his face. He said, “God has given me a son, and I love that boy, but he is a mongoloid idiot.” I said, “At the very outset you must learn that God Almighty has honored you more than he has honored many people. God does not give the privilege of great suffering to every one of His children. He has chosen you for that purpose.”

Then I turned to the fourth chapter of Exodus, in which God talks to Moses at the burning bush; I pointed to verse eleven. Moses had just said, “I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.” And God replied, “Who hath made man’s mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or the blind? Have not I the LORD?” But I read the verse thus: “And the LORD said unto Moses, Who has made man’s mouth? or who maketh him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind, or a mongoloid idiot? Have not I the LORD?” He snatched the Bible from me and read it for himself. “Oh,” he said, “I never saw this before, but it’s true, it’s true! It must be true! I believe it!”

To receive the Congressional Medal of Honor is not so great a tribute as to be chosen, as one of God’s children, to endure great tragedy. This the Bible teaches everywhere. If you do not think God has planned these things, then you must believe that there is a power greater than God, or that things happen from blind chance. If you have had tragedy in your life; if you have endured a physical defect or deformity, God planned it. If you are a man, God planned that you be a man. If you are a woman, God planned that you be a woman. If you are five-feet-two, or six-feet-five, God planned that height for you. If you are blind, God planned that you should be blind.

To God be the glory!


What to do:
✞ Live your life understanding you are who you are because God has a special purpose for you; so go and fulfill it.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email