Monday, April 16, 2018

Daily Devotion: Another Chance

Bible Reading: John 21:1-19

Key Verse: Verse 19 - "This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me."

Key Words: Follow me

I love to read success stories, particularly success after failure. So it was in Peter’s life. His greatest success came after his failure.

Jonas Salk, the great scientist and the discoverer of the vaccine against polio, understood the concept of being encouraging. He was once asked, “How does this outstanding achievement, which effectively brought an end to the word polio in our vocabulary, cause you to view your previous 200 failures?”

His response (paraphrased) was, “I never had 200 failures in my life. My family didn’t think in terms of failure. They taught in terms of experiences and what could be learned. I just made my 201st discovery. I couldn’t have made it without learning from the previous 200 experiences.”

Winston Churchill, too, was raised with encouragement. He was not intimidated by errors. When he made one, he simply thought the problem through again. Someone asked him, “Sir Winston, what in your school experience best prepared you to lead Britain out of her darkest hour?”

Winston thought a minute and then said, “It was the two years I spent at the same level in high school.”

“Did you fail?”

“No,” replied Winston. “I had two opportunities to get it right.”

Aren’t you glad that God gives us another chance to get it right?


What to do:
✞ Don’t be discouraged; just keep on until you get it right.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email