Sunday, July 30, 2017

Daily Devotion: A Hundred Times Over

Bible Reading: Malachi 3:1-12

Key Verse: Verse 10 - "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

Key Words: if I will not open you the windows of heaven

Malachi prophesied about 100 years after Zechariah and Haggai. So Israel would have been free from captivity for around 100 years, but how quickly they had forgotten what God had done for them in freeing them and restoring worship. Now they had forgotten God and the house of God.

The following is the testimony of Fred Green of Nashville, Tennessee: 'When I was sixteen years old, my father ran a labor camp for the city of Springdale, Arkansas. I was given the job of picking up the trash and cleaning the restrooms, and for that job I was paid three dollars a day, and even more importantly, I was allowed to drive a very old, beat-up pick-up truck. I can remember my first paycheck. My parents and I were sitting around the dining room table, and I was discussing how I was going to spend all that money. After I finished my dad said, ‘What about the Lord?’ I sat down and refigured my budget, and it was at that time that I first laid aside ten percent of my income for the Lord. To the best of my knowledge I have given ten percent or more of every dollar I have ever earned to the Lord. The Lord has blessed me a hundred times over and is still blessing me and my family for this effort.”

What to do:
✞ Remember, stealing from God is like robbing the local police station…not a good idea!

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email