Saturday, September 25, 2021

Daily Devotion: Jesus Is Coming

Bible Reading: Matthew 24:29-41

Key Verse: Verse 37 – “But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.”

Key Words: But as the days of Noe [Noah] were

I do not know when the Lord will return to earth to establish His kingdom, but I know it will be as it was in the days of Noah. We read in Genesis 6:5, “And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” I do not know when the Lord will return but I do know it will be soon.

As a young boy I remember my dad coming home from work each day. Around 5:00 P.M. I would head down to the corner to watch for his coming. Being raised in South Alabama, I was used to flat land and you could see for miles as you looked down the road on which he would be coming. Now, I didn’t know exactly what time he would return, but I knew the approximate time of his return home. As a young person in those days we had chores that must be done. Mine had to be finished before dad came home. I could hardly wait to see dad because I knew he would tell me that I had done a good job in completing my chores. However, on those rare occasions I did not finish, dad knew that too because I would not be excited to see him.

I do believe that same principle is in place today. For those who have faithfully served God long to see Him; but for those who are failing to serve faithfully, maybe not so much.

I also remember the other kids in the neighborhood didn’t get excited about dad coming home either because they didn’t belong to him. So it will be when the Lord comes…some excited, others not so excited and others, well, they will have waited too late to claim Jesus as their Savior.

If you have never asked Jesus to save you, today is a great time to do so. If Jesus isn’t the priority of your life, today make Him the priority. For the rest of us, we simply say, “Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”


What to do:
✞ Remember, sin is the curse, Christ is the cure!! Be ready, He is coming!

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email