Friday, September 10, 2021

Daily Devotion: Go Show Thyself to the Priest

Bible Reading: Matthew 8:1-5 (Leviticus 14:3-4, 10)

Key Verse: Verse 3 - “And Jesus put forth his hand, touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.”

Key Words: be thou clean

The Jews believed that only God could cure leprosy. That’s why Jesus said to the cleansed leper, “See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest and offer the gift….”

Once the priest declared the leper clean and they found out it was Jesus Who had cured him, they knew, based upon their own beliefs, that Jesus was God.

Now, I’ve never had leprosy, but I have been cleansed from my sin and can say with all faith that Jesus is God!!

As a boy growing up, I was a freckled-faced little kid who hated my freckles. I tried everything and every way I knew to get rid of those freckles. One day my cousin said that his mother uses a cream to get rid of wrinkles. I thought, That’s it!! I’ll use some of her cream! So I washed my face and applied the cream and left it on overnight. I just knew that the next morning when I wiped off the cream, the freckles would be gone. But much to my disappointment, the freckles were still there, every single one of them! It was then that I realized I could never get rid of the freckles.

Just as I could not cleanse my face of those freckles, we can never cleanse ourselves from sin, only the blood of Jesus can do that. “In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the richness of his grace” Ephesians 1:7.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.” I John 1:7.

Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing power? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?


What to do:
✞ Don’t be fooled into hell by false religions and false teachers. Only Jesus can save! So, have you been to Jesus for the cleansing power? Have you been washed in the blood of the Lamb?

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email