Thursday, September 30, 2021

Daily Devotion: All Power

Bible Reading: Matthew 28:11-18

Key Verse: Verse 18 – “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.”

Key Words: All power is given unto me

The word power carries the idea of authority. Jesus has no one who can come close to His power or authority. He is, indeed, the Chief Ruler of the universe.

I had a speaking engagement in New York about 100 miles from Niagara Falls a few years back. I convinced my wife to go with me by telling her after our meeting we would rent a car and go spend a couple of days at the Falls. It didn’t take her long to have her suitcase packed and ready to go. Upper New York is a beautiful place and we both thoroughly enjoyed the views. We enjoyed all the many things to do in and around Niagara Falls but what really amazed us was the power of the Falls. I stood and watched in amazement at how strong the current was of this magnificent place; then it hit me how powerful the Lord really is. He created the universe, spoke it into existence by the power of His Word and it was!!

The earth weighs 3,170,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 pounds. God blows on it and it moves.

There are millions of galaxies with each galaxy having over a million stars. God calls them all by name.

There is, we are told, 310 sextillion gallons of water in the oceans. The Lord holds them in the palm of His hand (Isaiah 40).

The kids sing a song, “My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there’s nothing my God cannot do…for you!

What to do:
✞ Now, let me ask, what problem do you have that is too big for God?

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email