Sunday, July 25, 2021

Daily Devotion: Wasted Years

Bible Reading: Ecclesiastes 12:1-11

Key Verse: Verse 1 – “Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;”

Key Words: Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth

As someone who has entered into the early winter years of life, I can speak with a little knowledge about youthfulness. While I was never a worldly young person I can look back at my youth and say with certainty, I did not do all I could for God. I am sure I’m not the only one who sometimes ask, “Why didn’t I? Why didn’t I do more for God…peer pressure, sports, pleasure? Young people today: you have the energy, strength, education and so many opportunities to accomplish so much for God.

Before you reach the age where health can be a challenge. Your arms grow weak (verse 3a), your teeth turn loose (verse 3b), your hearing begins to fail (verse 4), little things become a big burden (verse 5). If you fail to use your youth for God, then one day you’ll be asking yourself…” Why did I do that?”

Young people don’t be like the youth that Socrates described: “Our youth now loves luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority, disrespect the older people. Children nowadays are tyrants. They no longer rise when their elders enter the room, they contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble their food and terrorize their teachers.”

The problem today with some of our youth is that they see nothing wrong with their actions or their attitudes, then they will fail to ask this question, “Why did I do that?”

What to do:

Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email