Thursday, July 29, 2021

Daily Devotion: Judgment Day

Bible Reading: Daniel 12:1-9

Key Verse: Verse 4 – “But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.”

Key Words: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased

God gave Daniel two signs of the end times. First, he talked about the business of people. They will be running to and fro, from here to there, from there to here, constantly on the go; but I might add, no time for God. We are so busy today that many feel they are doing God a favor by taking time out of their busy schedule to attend a church service every now and then, so busy with this and that but no time for God. Not only are we in a busy society, we are in a highly knowledgeable society. With technology and higher education, knowledge has increased. But may I remind you that as my mother used to say to me almost daily, “Only what’s done for Christ will last.”

We are reminded in II Corinthians 5:10a, “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ….” I wonder how many will look at their lives and ask, “Why did I do that?”

We are on the earth for God’s glory, not our own pleasure and self-gratification.

I am reminded of a story I sometimes tell about standing before Jesus at the Judgment Seat. A man was about to cross a busy street. His mind evidently was not where his body was and he walked out in front of the oncoming traffic. A gentleman standing nearby grabbed the man, pulled him back, saving his life. Several days later the man who had walked out in front of the traffic had to appear in court; but he was relieved to see that the judge was the same man who had pulled him to safety. After hearing the case, the judge issued a somewhat harsh sentence to which the man exclaimed, “But Judge, remember me? The other day you saved my life!” The judge replied, “I remember, then I was your savior; today I am your judge.”

Today Jesus is our Savior but one day He will be our Judge. Some will look back at their lives lived for business, education, pleasure and will ask, “Why did I do that?”


What to do:

Make Christ first and everything else will fall in order.


Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email