Thursday, February 15, 2018

Daily Devotion: Throughly Furnished

Bible Reading: II Timothy 3

Key Verse: Verse 17 -"That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

Key Words: That the man of God may be perfect

It’s clear from reading our text for today that maturing in the Lord comes from hearing and heeding the Word of God. God’s Word is profitable for doctrine, teaching us what is right; reproof, teaching us what is not right; correction, teaching us how to get right; and for instruction in righteousness, teaching us how to stay right.

We recently bought one of those exercise machines, where twenty minutes a day will make you look like Superman or Wonder Woman. When I opened the box and dumped it on the floor, there had to be a thousand parts and pieces that fell out. I did not intend to use the instruction manual on how to assemble this wonder-working machine. After all, I hold a doctor’s degree and I considered myself to be quite capable of putting the machine together in record-breaking time.

Several hours later with only the handle bars in place, my lovely wife suggested I read the instruction manual. She said, and I quote, “Could it be, just maybe, that the company knows more about this machine than you do?” I never admitted that they did; but I finally surrendered and opened the instruction manual. Sure enough! They knew more than me!

We have far too many believers today who think they can make it and grow spiritually without ever opening God’s book on spiritual growth. Let me assure you it will never happen. You only grow as you hear and heed the Word of God.


What to do:
✞ You want to grow spiritually? Hear and heed God’s Word.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email