Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Daily Devotion: Praying for Maturity

Bible Reading: Colossians 4

Key Verse: Verse 12 – "Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God."

Key Words: perfect and complete in all the will of God

Epaphras was in all likelihood a different type of believer. He prayed fervently for the maturity of the believers in the church at Colosse. The reason I say he was different is because we seldom hear of anyone praying for the maturity of the believers in our churches.

Now, maybe we should really give this prayer some deep thought. Do you not have believers in your church who need to mature? Why, sure! We all do. They are in every church.

When Robert Louis Stevenson was a boy he once remarked to his mother, “Momma, you can’t be good without praying.” “How do you know, Robert?” she asked. “Because I’ve tried!” he answered.

This brings to mind a story about another little fellow—one who had been sent to his room because he had been bad. A short time later he came out and said to his mother, “I’ve been thinking about what I did and I said a prayer.” “That’s fine,” she said, “if you ask God to make you good, He will help you.” “Oh, I didn’t ask Him to help me be good,” replied the boy. “I asked Him to help you put up with me.”

Now, that’s what we should pray for…the maturity of others and that the Lord will help us to put up with them while they mature.


What to do:
✞ Pray for your maturity of others as well.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email