Thursday, February 22, 2018

Daily Devotion: Mature Love

Bible Reading: I John 4:11-21

Key Verse: Verse 18 - "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."

Key Words: perfect love casteth out fear

Have you ever known a jealous husband who had to know every move his wife made, where she was every second, and what she was doing? He was jealous and afraid of losing her; and as a result, they both lived in torment.

I have known wives who were the same way with their husbands. Poor souls! To live like that is pure torment!

When a building is on fire and your kid is on the inside, love casts out fear. Firemen have been known to have to hold back folks who had more love for someone in danger than fear of the danger of fire. The fire is real, but love even more so.

The same is true with our spiritual man.

When I genuinely love the Lord, I’m not afraid to witness for Him.

When I genuinely love the Lord, I’m not afraid to give my offering, even though the checking account is “low.”

When I genuinely love the Lord, I don’t think about what I’m missing by going to church.

When I genuinely love the Lord, I’m not afraid to love my enemies.

When I genuinely love the Lord, I’m not afraid of what tomorrow holds.

And so the list could go on and on…because “perfect love casteth out fear.”


What to do:
✞ Grow in God’s love and you’ll outgrow your fears.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email