Friday, February 9, 2018

Daily Devotion: Imperfect

Bible Reading: Galatians 3:1-11

Key Verse: Verse 3 – "Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?"

Key Words: are ye now made perfect by the flesh

If perfect means to grow, expand, to spread out, then imperfect must mean to decrease, shrink, to go backwards. One can’t grow spiritually by walking in the flesh.

Tony Evans writes:

One time, my wife and I were walking through the airport. We were changing flights and had to walk from one terminal to another. I got on the moving sidewalk, but she decided to just walk down the hallway without assistance. So, I am walking down the moving sidewalk with ease, because I am walking in the Spirit. In other words, I was moving, but I was resting my weight on the moving sidewalk, which was carrying me along. She was walking in the flesh, her own human effort, and her own ability. With less effort, I covered more distance in a lot less time. She was huffing and puffing; I was chilling. She was walking in the flesh, I was walking in the Spirit, and so my progress was much greater than her progress. Hers was purely human effort; mine was resting on the movement of something else underneath me. That made me able to enjoy my progress whereas she had to endure hers. After a bit, I turned around and waved just to rub it in how far I was ahead of her. Once I got down to the end of the walkway, I was feeling pretty good and started wondering exactly how far back Sister Evans was. So I looked back and oddly enough didn't see her at all. She was not anywhere to be found. All of a sudden I heard her call my name. I had to turn to look at her because her voice was coming from ahead of me. I was so confused because her position was impossible based on how she and I had traveled through the hallway. I had been walking in the Spirit, making great progress. She had been walking in the flesh and had been delayed. How was this possible? Well, it dawned on my wife that walking in the flesh wasn't going to work. It dawned on her that her human effort wasn't going to get her where she wanted to go. So she saw one of those carts driving by, waved it down, sat down, and passed me up. She hitched a ride on a cart of grace.


What to do:
✞ Don’t be imperfect when you can be perfect.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email