Thursday, February 10, 2022

Daily Devotion: Real vs. Artificial, Part Two

Bible Reading:  II Timothy 2:15-26

Key Verse:  Verse 15 - Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Key Words:  needeth not to be ashamed

If you are real, genuine, it will show in the test of life as will being artificial.

As a young man I always desired (for reasons unknown to me) to be a participant in a rodeo...you know, ride the raging bull, tame the untamable bronco.  I mean you only have to ride the wild beast for eight seconds.  How difficult could this thing be?  Well, only two obstacles stood in my way:  #1 Mom, #2 Dad.  They, for some reason, did not share in my enthusiasm for the rodeo, but one day while in military service my big opportunity came.  My eight seconds of glory was about to come on the back of a bronco named Lovely Boy.  Well, as it turned out, eight seconds of glory was about three seconds of horror which ended in embarrassment and pain because Lovely Boy was everything but lovely.  What I thought was easy turned out to be...well, not so easy.  So my desire to be a cowboy ended with one act of defeat and embarrassment.

So it is with many who want to pretend they are something when they really aren't.  Tough times make those who are true Christians motivated, but those same tough times make those who are artificial quit.  Now, which are you?
What to do:
✞ Artificial flowers never grow; neither do artificial Christians.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email