Monday, February 28, 2022

Daily Devotion: Light vs. Darkness

Bible Reading:  Matthew 5:14-16 and Proverbs 4:14-19

Key Verse:  Verse Matt 5:14 - Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Key Words:  Ye are the light of the world

Think about all the "religious" people who because of their lives and lack of character and integrity are leading people into spiritual darkness; and yes, some because of their lack of character and integrity are driving people into darkness.  The lost have no desire for what they claim to be.

In preparing for this devotion, I read several articles on "light" but to my great amazement, when I picked up one of my favorite resource books to research light, the subject was totally avoided.  There was no light.  I have found that to be the case with people who claim to be Christians.  The more I get to know them, the lesser their light shines.  I have discovered that some who claim to be Christians have no light to shine.  Their bulb has blown.

A little Zulu girl, who had given her heart to Christ, prayed thus:

"O Thou Great Chief, light a candle in my heart that I may see the rubbish and sweep it out."

  And along with this little African girl's prayer should go the prayer of William Cowper, the poet:

"The dearest idol I have known,

Whate'er that idol be,

Help me to tear it from Thy throne,

And worship only Thee."

What to do:
✞ Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email