Monday, November 29, 2021

Daily Devotion: I Thank My God for Them

Bible Reading:  II Thessalonians 1

Key Verse: Verse 3 – “We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;”

Key Words:  We are bound to thank God always for you

I know that there are those who can make serving the Lord burdensome; still others can be downright difficult to get along with.  The Lord tells us about all these ornery ones.  He calls them backbiters, talebearers, jealous ones, ones full of envy, malcontents, and the list goes on and on.  But in spite of all of those who get their joy out of being our thorns in the flesh, our heavenly sandpaper, there are still those God brings our way who bring great joy and blessing into our lives.

In the eighteenth century in Wales, a young man named William Williams graduated from medical school, but quickly changed his profession from medical to ministry.  God called Williams into full-time evangelism.  He said, “I remember when I announced that God had called me out of medicine into evangelism, there were those who belittled me, scoffed at me, mocked me, scorned me.  I became somewhat discouraged, but I found along the way many others who were a tremendous blessing.”

During his forty-three years in evangelism, Williams traveled over 95,000 miles, would preach to crowds ranging in number from a dozen or so to crowds larger than 60,000.  What a blessing most of these people were!

During his ministry, he said, “I was robbed, mobbed, and brutally beaten, talked about, put down, run down, and even ran out of some towns.  But I must say that those who abused me were far less than those who uplifted me; and it’s for those who encouraged me, I thank my God for them.”

And so should we all!!!

What to do:
✞ Thank God for those who encouraged you to keep serving God.
✞  Pray for those who abandon you and misuse you.
  Always be right – righteousness will ultimately prevail.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email