Monday, November 1, 2021

Daily Devotion: I Forgot To Say Thank You

Bible Reading: Luke 23:32-43

Key Verse: Verse 34- – “Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.”

Key Words: Father, forgive them

Some time back I preached a series of messages on the sayings of Jesus from the cross.  These sayings are as follows:

·          Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.  (Luke 23:34)

·          Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.  (Luke 23:43)

·          Woman, behold thy son!  Behold thy mother!  (John 19:26-27)

·          Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?  (Matthew 27:46)

·          I thirst.  (John 19:28)

·          It is finished.  (John 19:30)

·          Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.  (Luke 23:46)

Thinking of what Jesus did for me reminds me of the following story I read.

In her classic autobiography, The Hiding Place, Corrie Ten Boom tells of the time she and her sister were forced to take off all their clothes during Nazi inspections at a death camp.  Miss Ten Boom stood in line feeling forsaken and defiled.  Suddenly, she remembered that Jesus hung naked on the cross.  Struck with wonder and worship during that seemingly forsaken moment, Ten Boom leaned forward and whispered to her sister, “Betsie, they took His clothes off, too.” 

Betsie gasped and said, “Oh, Corrie, and I never said thank you!”  Thanksgiving does not require bounty, just recognition of what Jesus has done and is doing for you.

What to do:
✞ Write down a list of all Jesus has done for you and today, rather than ask for things, simply thank the Lord for all He has done for you.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email