Monday, June 26, 2023

Daily Devotion: Ezekiel – A Demonstration of What God Can Do

Bible Reading: Ezekiel 11:1-12

Key Verse: Verse 12 – And ye shall know that I am the LORD: for ye have not walked in my statutes, neither executed my judgments, but have done after the manners of the heathen that are round about you.”

Key Words: And ye shall know that I am the LORD

Time and space will not allow us to tell everything there is to know about this prophet of God; but his life is a demonstration of what we are to be.

First of all, he was an exile (Ezekiel 1:1) just as we are exiles (I Peter 2:11).

He was an ambassador (Ezekiel 2:3) as we are ambassadors (Ephesians 6:20).

He was a watchman (Ezekiel 3:17); pastors are God’s watchmen (Hebrews 13:17).

We recently purchased a new copier, but before we bought the copier we wanted to make sure it would do all we wanted and needed it to do. So the salesman had a copier brought over and proceeded to show us all “his” copier was capable of doing. After watching his demonstration, we were convinced the copier would meet our needs.

As I read the book of Ezekiel and see how God met the needs of Ezekiel, I am convinced that God can meet my needs as well. Ezekiel is surely a demonstration of all that God can and will do.




What to do:
✞ We should all realize that we are exiles, and that this world is not our home. As a result, we should be extended watchmen for the glory of God.


Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email