Sunday, January 28, 2018

Daily Devotion: How to Answer

Bible Reading: Colossians 4:1-9

Key Verse: Verse 6 - "Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."

Key Words: how ye ought to answer every man

I am seldom sorry for what I say, but I am sometimes sorry for the way I say it. That’s really what Paul is telling us. Be tactful and careful in how we answer others.

Sometime back in a meeting I was attending in Washington, D.C., we had America’s Ambassador to Israel address our group. It just happened to be on that day that we were dressed in “dressy casual.” In other words, we had everything but the suit coat and tie on. The Ambassador showed up in a ‘nice’ suit and addressed our group in a very profound manner. After he had finished with his address, our moderator said, “I apologize for not letting you know about our dress for today.” The Ambassador tactfully replied, “Thank you, but I always dress my best when I speak professionally because I represent the President of the United States everywhere I go.”

Well, we are Ambassadors for Christ so we should always look the part and speak lovingly and with grace because we represent the King of Kings and Lord of Lords everywhere we go!


What to do:
✞ Always speak to others as you want them to speak to you.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email