Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Daily Devotion: How Can I Do This?

Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 1:1-14

Key Verse: Verse 12– "How can I myself alone bear your cumbrance, and your burden, and your strife?"

Key Words: How can I myself alone bear your cumbrance

Moses is addressing the people of Israel, and he asks the question of how; how can I bear all of your burdens? His answer was simple; he couldn’t, so he asked them to take wise men that had understanding and let them help him bear the burdens of the people.

Let’s face reality, we all have our human limitations. We can’t do everything. We all need help.

The soldier’s first article of faith is summed up nowhere more eloquently than in an 1865 letter from William Tecumseh Sherman to U.S. Grant: “I knew wherever I was that you thought of me, and if I got in a tight place, you would come – if alive.”

William Schultz in “Bits and Pieces” wrote, “People need people. Laurie was about three when one night she requested my aid in getting undressed. I was downstairs and she was upstairs, and…well. ‘You know how to undress yourself,’ I reminded. ‘Yes,’ she explained, ‘but sometimes people need people anyway, even if they do know how to do things by themselves.’”

Yes, we all need those people that help us carry the burden.

All of us fit into one of three categories. Either we are responsible for carrying the burden, or we are helping those responsible carry the burden, and of course, the third group are those who watch us carry the burden – which one are you?


What to do:
✞ Don’t be a watcher; if so, you may be the burden.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email