Monday, January 15, 2018

Daily Devotion: How About That Wisdom

Bible Reading: Jeremiah 8

Key Verse: Verse 8 - "How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain."

Key Words: How do you say, We are wise

There are several types of wisdom: earthly, Godly, and divine. It just happens that the leader of Israel, whom Jeremiah was addressing, had wisdom; but they had devilish or earthly wisdom, not Godly wisdom.

Lou Nicholes writes, “While writing thoughts from Job one morning, I answered the doorbell and saw two Jehovah’s Witness ladies with two children. After they identified themselves, I told them I admired their zeal, but I wouldn’t trade the wisdom that I have in the Lord for what they have to offer. One of the women said, ‘We believe in Jesus.’ I told them that may be true, but he is not the same Jesus that I know. My Jesus is not ‘a god’, but ‘the God’ of the Trinity who lives and abides in my life. This is the fourth time in the last few months that the JW’s have knocked on our door. It would be so wonderful if they were sharing the truth of God’s Word instead of their false doctrine. Satan is in the counterfeit business.”

So everytime God gives us His wisdom, Satan throws out at us his false wisdom. Be wise about which wisdom you choose.


What to do:
✞ Get God’s wisdom from His Word, not this world!

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email