Friday, January 26, 2018

Daily Devotion: How About This?

Bible Reading: II Corinthians 13

Key Verse: Verse 5 - "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?"

Key Words: how that Jesus Christ is in you

What a statement by Paul, Examine yourselves and make sure you are born again. Paul is not saying you can lose your salvation, but he is saying to make sure what you have is a genuine (real) Biblical salvation.

J. Vernon McGee tells the following about his daughter and her salvation.

“When my daughter was just a little thing, she made a confession of her faith to her mother when they were back visiting her grandmother in Texas. She came in one day and said out of a clear sky that she wanted to accept Jesus as her Savior. My wife took her into the bedroom, she got down on her knees and accepted Christ. Regularly after that I would ask her about her relation to Christ. When she got into her teens, she asked, ‘Daddy, why do you keep asking me whether I am a Christian or not, or whether I really trust in Jesus?’ I told her, ‘I just want to make sure. After all, you are my offspring and I want to be sure.’ Now not ony did I do that for her, I did it for myself also. I think every believer ought to do that.”

One of my own granddaughters asked me, “Why do we have to have final exams? We already have gone over it and we know it.” My response was that you have exams to make sure you know what you say you know!

We examine our salvation to make sure we have what we say we have. A checkup never hurts.


What to do:
✞ Do you have (in salvation) what you say you have? Just asking.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email