Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Daily Devotion: A Great Value

Bible Reading: I Peter 3:1-7

Key Verse: Verse 4 – “But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price."

Key Words: of great price

What we consider valuable may not be valuable to God at all. In our Scripture reading today, Peter is writing about how the wife can reach her unreachable husband. He lists several things: chaste conversation (pure, clean mannerisms) [verse 2], modest dress [verse 3], a meek and quiet spirit (not abrasive or haughty) [verse 4].

The third one, the meek and quiet spirit, now that is the one God focuses in on. It’s that spirit that God says is of great value. So let me ask you, is your spirit of great value to God in reaching the unreachable, or is your spirit one that does more harm than good?

I read the following in regard to submission. It spoke to me, and I trust it will to you as well.

“Driving down a country road, I came to a very narrow bridge. In front of the bridge, a sign was posted: ‘YIELD.’ Seeing no oncoming cars, I continued across the bridge and to my destination. On my way back, I came to the same YIELD sign posted. Curious, I thought, ‘I’m sure there was one posted on the other side.’ When I reached the other side of the bridge I looked back. Sure enough, yield signs had been placed at both ends of the bridge. Drivers from both directions were requested to give right of way. It was a reasonable and gracious way of preventing a head-on collision.”

A submissive spirit is of great price to God.


What to do:
✞ Remember, pride may get you your way, but it seldom gets you anything else.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email