Sunday, June 25, 2017

Daily Devotion: A Great Reaping

Bible Reading: Judges 1:1-7

Key Verse: Verse 7 – “And Adonibezek said, Threescore and ten kings, having their thumbs and their great toes cut off, gathered their meat under my table: as I have done, so God hath requited me. And they brought him to Jerusalem, and there he died."

Key Words: so God hath requited me

It is true; we do reap what we sow – both for the good and the evil.

J. Vernon McGee tells the following in his commentary on the book of Galatians.

“Paul was a leader in the stoning of Stephen, and after his conversion, when he was over in the Galatian country, he was stoned. You may think that, because he was converted and his sins were forgiven, he would not reap what he had sowed. But it is a law of God that ‘whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.’

“I remember well hearing Mel Trotter, the evangelist who was a drunkard before his conversion. I had invited him to Nashville, Tennessee, to hold evangelistic meetings. One night after a meeting we went to a place called Candyland and everybody ordered a great big sloppy banana split, or a milkshake, or a malt. All Mel Trotter ordered was a little bitty glass of carbonated water. Everyone began to rib him about it, and asked him for the reason. I shall never forget his answer, ‘When the Lord gave me a new heart at my conversion, he did not give me a new stomach. I am paying for the years I spent drinking.’ May I say again, ‘Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.’ Don’t be deceived. God is not mocked. You won’t get by with it.”

And may I add – you really won’t!!


What to do:
✞ Live your life with no regrets.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email