Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Daily Devotion: Great Excuses

Bible Reading: Proverbs 22:13-29

Key Verse: Verse 13 – “The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets."

Key Words: There is a lion without

Benjamin Franklin once said, “He that is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else.”

Nothing is quite as fascinating as the person who always renders an excuse for not doing what they should have done.

I read the following top ten excuses as to why people don’t bathe. You can take these excuses and apply them to any area of life where excuses are made.
  1. I was forced to take a bath as a child.
  2. People who bathe are hypocrites. They think they are cleaner than anyone else.
  3. There are so many kinds of soap; I can’t make up my mind which one to use.
  4. I used to bathe, but I stopped because it was really boring.
  5. I only bathe on special occasions: Christmas and Easter.
  6. None of my friends bathe.
  7. I’ll start bathing when I get older and have more time.
  8. I really don’t think I’m that dirty.
  9. The bathroom is always too hot or too cold.
  10. The people who make bath soap are only after your money.

See how ridiculous excuses can be? And yes, we do sound that silly when we make them. So stop using great excuses not to do what you should, and start accomplishing great things by doing what you should.


What to do:
✞ Remember, we are all good at something. Some are great at making goods, others are good at making trouble, and others are good at making excuses. What do you want to be good at?

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email