Friday, March 17, 2023

Daily Devotion: Well, That Didn’t Work Out Too Well

Bible Reading: II Timothy 3

Key Verse: Verse 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Key Words: throughly furnished


Being thoroughly furnished involves more than just one thing. It involves application of all scripture, not just one verse or a verse here and there. It is taking God’s Word in context and putting it into practice in my daily life. Then God’s Word becomes profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction and for instruction.


I read the following. The author is unknown to me.


As a professional animal trainer, I was disturbed when my own dog developed a bad habit. Every time I hung my wash out on the clothesline, she would yank it down. Drastic action was called for. I put a white kitchen towel on the line and waited. Each time she pulled it off, I scolded her. After two weeks, the towel was untouched. Then I hung out a large wash and left to do some errands. When I came home, my clean clothes were scattered all over the yard. On the line was the white kitchen towel.


He trained the dog in regard to one thing and in that one thing the dog was punished. I’m afraid that’s what many believers do. We get on our “pet” doctrines and if people obey it they are “great.” The problem is they are destroying everything else.


So I challenge you to be throughly furnished unto all good works.



What to do:
✞ Ask God to help you be a thoroughly furnished believer.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email