Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Daily Devotion: Those Dreaded Taxes

Bible Reading:  Matthew 17:14-27 

Key Verse: Verse 27Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Key Words: that take, and give unto them for me and thee


I do believe we are to pay our taxes and render unto Caesar what is rightfully Caesar’s (as long as Caesar stays within the bounds of reason).


My problem is not in paying taxes. My problem, like most Americans is the way our money is spent – waste, fraud, bailouts – how ridiculous.


Here in Alabama, as well as in some other states, laws have been passed to rid us of illegal aliens primarily because they are taking jobs and money away from the tax of our dear state. And while I agree that the illegal alien issue needs to be addressed, I see a lot of inconsistencies in our politicians who, in this area, cry out against the illegals because of the loss of jobs and money while there are many of their comrades in politics who are robbing us blind. I wonder who is taking more money and jobs away from Alabama and our nation: illegal aliens or deceptive, fraudulent politicians.


I am reminded of a humorous tale I’ve heard on several occasions, which goes like this:


“A robber walked up to a man in Washington D.C. and pointed a gun toward him and said, ‘Give me your money.’


“The man being robbed replied, ‘I’m a U.S. Congressman. I don’t have any money.’


“The would-be thief thought for a second and then said, ‘Alright then. Give me MY money!’”

There is a lot of truth in that!


What to do:
✞ Pay your taxes, but demand honesty and integrity from your politicians!

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email