Friday, March 3, 2023

Daily Devotion: Giving Credit

Bible Reading: Luke 11:14-23

Key Verse: Verse 15 - But some of them said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils.

Key Words: He casteth out devils through Beelzebub


Have you ever completed a task only to have someone else receive the credit for it?  I’m sure we have all faced those situations on occasion.  There are times I receive credit for what others actually have done the bulk, if not all, the work.  Then there are those occasions when others receive the credit for what I’ve done.


In our text, there are those who refuse to give Jesus the credit that is rightfully due Him.  What a shame!  There are those who for whatever reason have a difficult time giving others due credit for what they have done.


I’m reminded of a story I read about a free-lance photographer.  The story goes like this:


On occasion I do free-lance photography for local newspapers and magazines, and I take great pride in my work. At a party one evening, I was introduced to an extremely pompous gentleman who writes a weekly piece for a publication that had just used one of my pictures. After telling me how he liked the "rather interesting" composition and tones I had used in my latest work, he said, "You must have a good camera." I then mentioned that I had enjoyed his most recent article, and added, "You must have a good typewriter."


The moral of the story is we should give credit where credit is due.  Do you do that?  I hope so!



What to do:
✞ Give credit where credit is due and you’ll never go wrong…if you just give God the glory!

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email