Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Daily Devotion: A Spirit of Cooperation

Bible Reading: Philippians 1:21-30

Key Verse: Verse 27 - Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Key Words: striving together for the faith of the gospel


Let me begin by saying there are some things I cannot cooperate with.  I can’t cooperate with the ACLU.  I can’t cooperate with the Gay & Lesbian Movement.  I can’t cooperate with those who advocate abortion.  I think you get the idea.  But when it comes to our church family and stands against sin…not methodology…but sin, we can accomplish more through cooperation than fighting our wars alone.  It reminds me of a story told by Charles Osgood about two ladies who lived in a convalescent center.  Each had suffered an incapacitating stroke.  Margaret’s stroke left her left side restricted, while Ruth’s stroke damaged her right side. Both of these ladies were accomplished pianists but had given up hope of ever playing again.


The director of the center sat them down at a piano and encouraged them to play solo pieces together. They did, and a beautiful friendship developed.


What a picture of the church’s needing to work together! What one member cannot do alone, perhaps two or more could do together—in harmony.


I think you get the picture.  So let’s be challenged to work with a spirit of cooperation.  We stand together or fall alone.  The choice is yours.



What to do:
✞ When it comes to the gospel “let us strive together.”

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email