Saturday, November 5, 2022

Daily Devotion: Taking Turns

Bible Reading: II Timothy 1:1-12 

Key Verse: Verse 3 –I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;”

Key Words: I have remembrance of thee

As you read about the relationship between Paul and Timothy, you begin to see how they encouraged one another.

You can see Paul’s love for Timothy as he encourages him to hold to the faith. I Timothy 6:20-21, “O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.”

Not only did Paul encourage Timothy, but Timothy was also an encouragement to Paul. Notice what Paul said about Timothy in II Timothy 1:2-3, “To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;” It is very plain to see that these two men were an encouragement to each other.

We all need encouragement on occasion, and I have found that it is always the ones whom the Lord allowed me to encourage in some small way who end up encouraging me. I guess it is true that we reap what we sow.

A young mother was sick in bed when her nine-year-old daughter walked in from school. Thinking her mother was sleeping, she quietly unfolded the blanket at the foot of the bed and gently tucked it around her mom. The mother stirred, then whispered, “It wasn’t that long ago that I was tucking you in, and now you’re covering me.”

Bending over her mother, the little girl replied, “We take turns.”

And so it is with encouraging others. It seems as though we take turns, and that is always a good thing.




What to do:
        ✞ Take time to encourage others with a card, call, or letter, but always with a prayer.


Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email