Thursday, October 8, 2020

Daily Devotion: White Lies

Bible Reading: Ephesians 4:1-16m

Key Verse: Verse 15 - “But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:”

Key Words: speaking the truth in love

Thought: Those who are given to “white” lies soon become color blind.

Famous American lies:

The check is in the mail.

I’ll start my diet tomorrow.

We service what we sell.

Give me your number and the doctor will call you right back.

Money cheerfully refunded.

One size fits all.

This offer limited to the first 100 people who call in.

Your luggage isn’t lost; it’s only misplaced.

Leave your resume and we’ll keep it on file.

This hurts me more than it hurts you.

I just need five minutes of your time.

Your table will be ready in a few minutes.

Open wide, it won’t hurt a bit.

Let’s have lunch sometime.

It’s not the money; it’s the principle.

A twelve-year-old boy was a key witness in a crucial lawsuit. One of the lawyers had put him through a rigorous cross-examination and had been unable to shake his clear, damaging testimony. In a stern voice, the lawyer said, “Your father has been telling you how to testify, hasn't he?” “Yes,” said the boy. “Now,” said the lawyer, with smug satisfaction, “just tell us what your father told you to say.” “Well,” replied the boy, “Father told me that lawyers may try to tangle me, but if I would just be careful and tell the truth, I could say the same thing every time.”

What to do:

Remember, in the end it really pays to tell the truth.



Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email