Saturday, October 3, 2020

Daily Devotion: The Manual

Bible Reading: Psalms 119:1-8

Key Verse: Verses 2 – “Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

Key Words: his testimonies

Thought: For many people the Bible is like the Queen of England. She holds a position, but no real power.

In order for God’s Word to have real power in our lives, we must ‘know it’ and ‘live it.’

Recently, I decided to do something I never do. I took out my car manual and read it. I’m a real simple guy. I get in a car, get behind the wheel, turn it on, and roll. That’s it. But one day I was just fooling around, opened my glove compartment, and there was my car manual. Now this manual has been in this car for three years. As far as I’m concerned, this is unnecessary reading. I see a steering wheel, I see brakes, I see an accelerator, a radio, heat, and air-conditioning. Good to go.

But on this particular day, I decided to flip through my manual. I was shocked at some of the stuff I read in there. There is so much stuff in this car that has never been used! I realized that I’d been doing things manually that the car was set up to do automatically. I realized that I’d not been taking advantage of all that the manufacturer had provided.

On one particular rainy day, I was trying to look out of my rear windows and couldn’t see anything. After three years of having this car, I had no idea there was a windshield wiper back there. It wasn’t that it was not provided, it’s that I was ignorant of the provision. I didn’t know what was provided and I certainly didn’t know how to take advantage of it.

What the Bible, the grace manual, is designed to do is show you all the provisions that God has provided for every believer. The problem is I not only need to know that the manual is there, but I also need to know what it tells me I can do and how things work.



What to do: 
✞ Allow God‘s Word to work in your life. That’s where the power is.


Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email