Saturday, October 24, 2020

Daily Devotion: Leadership


Bible Reading: I Peter 3:8-17

Key Verse: Verse 10 – “For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:”

Key Words: refrain his tongue from evil

Thought: A leader is easy to recognize. He is the one with the arrows in his back.


The word evil in our key verse carries the idea of backbiting. I've never known of a good leader who was not bitten, stabbed and shot in the back with slander and gossip. It just goes with the territory.

Abraham Lincoln once said: “If I tried to answer all the criticisms of me and all the attacks leveled at me, this office would be closed to all other business. My job is not pleasing men, but doing the best I can. If in the end I am found to be wrong, ten legions of angels swearing I was right will not help me; but if the end proves me to have been right, then all that is said about me now will amount to nothing.”

An irritated editor: “If you find errors in this publication, please consider they are there for a purpose. We publish something for everyone, and some people are always looking for mistakes.”

So let me say to all of you Godly leaders, whether you are a parent, boss, supervisor, teacher, principal, and yes, even a pastor: “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain; and most do.” ~ Benjamin Franklin

Keep on for the glory of God.


What to do:

✞ Remember, “If evil be said of thee and it be true, correct thyself; and if it be a lie, laugh at it.” ~ Epictetus



Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email