Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Daily Devotion: People and Cars

Bible Reading: Acts 11:17-26

Key Verse: Verse 26 – “And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.”

Key Words: they assembled themselves with the church

Thought: People are a lot like cars when it come to church attendance. They generally start missing before they go out altogether.

Someone has put together an analogy of a sold-out football game and a less-than-sold-out church. It's called “Ten Reasons for Never Attending Another Football Game.”

  1. I was taken to too many games by my parents when I was growing up.

  2. It seems that the games are scheduled when I want to do other things.

  3. Every time I go to a game somebody asks for money.

  4. Although I go to the game often, few people are friendly enough to speak to me.

  5. The seats are too hard and uncomfortable. Besides, I often have to sit down front on the fifty yard line.

  6. I suspect that there are hypocrites sitting nearby - they come to see their friends and what others are wearing rather than to see the game.

  7. The field judge says things I do not agree with.

  8. The band plays some numbers I have never heard before.

  9. Some games last too long, and I am late getting home.

  10. I have a book on football. I can stay at home and read it.

Just sayin'!!

What to do:

✞ Remember, don't miss too much or you'll go out altogether.



Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email