Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Daily Devotion: Grandmother Says


Bible Reading: Galatians 2:15-21

Key Verse: Verse 20 – “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Key Words: I am crucified with Christ

The following article was written by a grandmother who to this day remains anonymous.

“Pressure to do drugs, drink, smoke…you know, do this to be cool, do that to fit in. There are also many gangs now and that’s a big issue with teens, just simply trying to lead a good life and stay out of harm’s way. Teens today are expected to be far more advanced technologically than we were in my days…computers, advanced math, and so forth.

“Teens seem to be expected to be more mature these days also; they are expected to work and go to school, buy their own cars, etc. Also these days with more single parent homes or both parents working, teens are expected to do more in the home: cooking, laundry, babysitting, and so forth.

“Teens are growing up too fast these days and not by choice really. It is just the demands society and peers put on you. It’s like you’re just not allowed to be a teenager anymore and have fun.

“Also predators that thrive on teens who are alone a lot, which most are now…especially on the internet. Date drugs are a big issue now as well. You can’t even go to a party really without worrying that someone may slip something in your drink.”

God help our teens. They need it with all they face today.

But may I say as a pastor, father, and grandfather: “But thanks be to God that giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”


What to do:
✞ Remember to live right, act right, be right. It will be worth it all when we see Jesus.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email