Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Daily Devotion: If We Judge Ourselves

Bible Reading: I Corinthians 11:20-34

Key Verse: Verse 31 - "For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged."

Key Words: if we would judge ourselves

I realize that I Corinthians, chapter 11, is dealing with communion; and I realize that we are to judge ourselves before partaking in communion. With that being said, have you ever judged and evaluated your prayer life?

In the unpublished writings of Miss Ruth Paxton was found a list of her “Prayer Check” by which she tested her own prayer life.
  1. Has my prayer life been powerless because of some besetting sin?
  2. Has it been hindered by haste, irregularity, insufficient preparation?
  3. Have I had such power with God that I have had real power with people?
  4. Has my prayer life been limited to my own life or am I an intercessor after God’s own heart?
  5. Has my prayer life been starved, or have I, through meditation on the Word, let the Lord teach me to pray?
  6. Has my prayer life been joyless – more of a duty than a privilege?
  7. Has my prayer life been sacrificial – has it cost me anything in time and energy?
I challenge you to take these same seven questions and evaluate your prayer life.


What to do:
✞ Evaluate your prayer life.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email