Sunday, December 11, 2022

Daily Devotion: Jesus, Our Strength

Bible Reading: Philippians 4:1-13 

Key Verse: Verse 13 – “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

Key Words: strengtheneth me

As a believer, my strength comes from Jesus. But to be more specific: my strength comes from my joy of having a proper relationship with Jesus, for it is when I am weak that Jesus becomes strong.

Bob Wieland lost both of his legs in Vietnam. For an athlete with dreams of a pro sports career, the tragedy was especially difficult to bear. Bob was spared the destruction of bitterness through his reliance upon Jesus and His Word. “I do the best I can to apply the Word of God to my life, because I know that it works.”

Bob did take God at His Word and cast all his cares upon Him (I Peter 5:7), and claimed “that he could really only be strong through Christ” (Philippians 4:13). Maybe that explains why Bob, who walks on his hands, has completed a three-year walk across America, the race across America on a custom-built bicycle, the New York and Los Angeles marathons, the Hawaiian Ironman Triathalon – and on top of those feats he can bench press 507 pounds. He does all of this and uses it as a witness for Christ. Bob has found that indeed he, like the Apostle Paul, can do all things thru Christ which strengthens him.



What to do:
✞ Never give up, no matter how bad the situation may appear to be.
✞ You can never declare Christ as your strength until you acknowledge your weakness.
✞ Ask yourself, do others see your strength, or do they see God’s strength through you?

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email