Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Daily Devotion: Jesus, The Coming Messiah

Bible Reading: II Thessalonians 2:1-12

Key Verse: Verse 12 - “That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”

Key Words: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth

Both of the books written to the church of Thessalonica deal with the second coming of Jesus.

I read the following by Harry Ironside and found it quite appropriate for this devotion.

When I was a little boy, I sometimes went down to the beach, five miles from our home in California, and played on the sands of Monterey Bay. Some little distance up the beach there is a great stretch of black sand; it is black because it contains a great deal of iron. I can remember taking a box of sand and drawing a magnet through it. Fine black grains clung to the magnet – particles of iron. I put these grains in another box, and drew my magnet through the sand again. Each time I got some more grains, I removed the particles of iron until nothing was left in the box but sand. Though I could not tell the difference between the sand and the iron on the beach, the magnet could tell the difference immediately. Had I been able to use a stronger magnet, I could have taken all of the iron out of a large box of sand in a moment.

The day is going to come when the Lord Jesus Christ will rise from the throne of God where He is now answering the attacks of Satan upon us, by telling the Father that we belong to Him because of His work on the cross. When He rises from that throne, it is time for judgment to begin. But God tells us that before judgment comes, He is going to do a wonderful thing – like the work of the magnet picking the grains of iron out of the grains of sand. He is going to remove from the earth all who are trusting Christ, and take them to be with Himself."



What to do:
✞ Make your calling and election sure
✞ Live for Christ daily.
✞ Witness for Christ daily.


Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email