Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Daily Devotion: The Gospel Of Salvation

Bible Reading:  Romans 1:1-16 

Key Verse: Verse 16“ For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”

Key Words: For I am not ashamed of the gospel of  Christ

The book of Romans speaks of the gospel more than any other book in the Word of God.

Paul tells us in verse one that he is “separated unto the gospel.”

In verse nine, Paul tells us that he serves in the gospel.  That is the reason for his service.

In verse fifteen, he says, “I am ready to preach the gospel,” which brings me to verse sixteen where Paul says, “I am not ashamed of the gospel.”

The gospel of salvation is what Paul lived for.  If we fail to give out the gospel, many will perish.

Asian missionary, M. V. Varghese, told of a commonplace tragedy in India.  An Indian woman, Alila, took her infant son to the river Ganges.  With tears pouring from her eyes, she stood there for a long time with the water lapping at the baby’s feet, then she threw her six month-old son into the river. 

Varghese found her weeping on the banks of the Ganges.  Through her sobs she said, “The problems in my home are too many and my sins are heavy on my heart, so I offered the best I had to the goddess Ganges.” 

The missionary gently told her of Jesus’ love and forgiveness. 

She tearfully responded, “I have never heard this before.  Why couldn’t you have come earlier?  My child would not have had to die.”

All over this world people are desperate for what only God can provide: salvation!!  That’s what the gospel is!!


What to do:
✞ Be a witness daily.
✞ Ask God to open doors for you to witness.
✞ Remember, people need the Lord.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email