Thursday, December 31, 2020

Daily Devotion: A Tribute

Bible Reading: John 11:33-40

Key Verse: Verse 36 – “Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!”

Key Words: Behold how he loved him

An anonymous writer has given this beautiful tribute of love, which might equally apply to family love or to friendship:

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for passing over all the foolish, weak things that you can’t help dimly seeing in my heart, and for drawing out into the light all the beautiful belongings that no one else had looked quite far enough to find. I love you because you are helping me to make of the lumber of my life, not a tavern but a temple and out of the works of my every day, not a reproach but a song. I love you because you have done more than any creed could have done to make me happy. You have done it without a touch, without a word, without a song. You have done it just by being yourself.



What to do:

Have friends that help you build a “temple” of your life, not a tavern.


Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email