Monday, December 7, 2020

Daily Devotion: I Will Love

Bible Reading: Psalm 18:1-6

Key Verse: Verse 1 – “I will love thee, O LORD, my strength”

Key Words: I will love thee, O LORD

Notice the title to the Psalm: “To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, the servant of the LORD, who spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD delivered him from the hands of his enemies, and from the hand of Saul: And he said…”

The psalmist is praising God for his deliverance and then says, “I will love thee, O LORD, my strength” (verse 1).

The psalmist goes on to tell us why he will love the LORD. “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust: my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower” (verse 2).

On January 10, 2003, a young man named Terry Drier was in the water twenty hours after his boat had capsized. He gave a valiant effort at survival, although he later confessed he felt certain that he was going to die. After that long while, a helicopter located him, and sent word to a ship on its way to the Persian Gulf. The name of the ship was the USS Comforter. This vessel was on its way to do battle and paused to deliver one man. They went out of their way to save one man and there was a doctor on board who nursed him back to health.

Many people today are treading water, and they don’t know how much longer they can hang in there. People are tired and feel like all is lost. All we must do is look up and see that our Deliverer is hovering nearby. He knows exactly where deliverance can be found. The God of all comfort will make sure that the comfort we need comes our way.



Thought: You will never be delivered until you are held captive by some vice of sin.


Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email