Thursday, December 10, 2020

Daily Devotion: The Law of Love, Part Two

Bible Reading: John 15:1-14

Key Verse: Verse 12 – “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.”

Key Words: This is my commandment, That ye love one another

There was a pastor who was impressing upon the congregation that we are not under the law when we are in Christ; but we are under a new law, the law of love.

He used this to illustrate: In America there is a law stating a woman must take care of her child. So, a man comes to a new mother's home. He says "Are you taking care of your baby? The Law says you have to." The woman, tenderly holding her baby, said, "I don't need a law to make me take care of my baby." Why? Because she loves her baby! She feeds him, holds him, changes him because she loves him.

I no longer need the Law because I'm under Christ -- a law of LOVE. I was once asked if I thought I had “dying grace”… to which I replied, “Right now, I don’t need dying grace; but I do need the grace of Christ to love the unlovable and those who refuse to love me!”



Thought: The law of love may not change the world but it will change you!!


Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email