Sunday, December 6, 2020

Daily Devotion: Things I Love

Bible Reading: Philippians 4:1-9

Key Verse: Verse 4 – “Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.”

Key Words: Rejoice in the Lord always

I admit that in the society we currently live in I am a different breed of person. I am different in that...

  1. My wife is “my favorite” person in all the world. I would rather be with her than run around with the guys.

  2. I don’t care for reality TV shows. For example, to me eating roaches and crawling through sewers is not a matter of fear, as much as common sense.

  3. I don’t care for “tell all” books: the last time I checked, that is still gossip and still wrong.

  4. I love the early morning hours as the sun rises and the darkness flees away.

  5. I really don’t care for modern-day music. Call me strange and peculiar, but I really like bagpipe music.

  6. In this hurry-scurry world I, for one, don’t care for traveling. My favorite place is to be home.

  7. I love simple foods, meals such as a BLT sandwich (bacon, lettuce and tomato).

  8. I would rather be working in my yard than be on the golf course.

  9. I love being at church. It’s more than a religious ritual to me. I really love being in the house of God.

  10. I don’t care for computer games. I’d rather play a game of Sorry with the grandkids. Of course, it is a lot more fun if I win.

  11. I don’t care for theme parks with all those rides that turn my body upside down and stomach inside out.

  12. To me “exciting” is to watch the grandkids grow up.

Well, like I said, I admit I am different, but that’s alright with me, for I have matured to the place in my life when my joy comes from pleasing God. I am matured to the place where worldly pressures of being popular and accepted by others is fine if it comes; but if not, I am at peace with God and myself. May I hasten to add, it’s a great place to be.

So if you grow weary of the rat race of this world, come and join me. I have an extra rocking chair on the deck and the grandkids would love for you to join us in a game of Sorry. Of course, I hope I win.



Thought: Remember, if you win in the rat race of this world, all it means is that you’re the leading rat.


Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email