Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Daily Devotion: Thy First Love

Bible Reading: Revelation 2:1-7

Key Verse: Verse 4 - Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

Key Words: thou hast left thy first love

Tony Evans reflects the following: “When I first started traveling and speaking in other places, my kids were small so I'd go by the gift store in the airport and I’d buy a gift to bring back to them. I would buy them a blessing. I’d buy a little toy or a trinket from the gift shop like some jacks for my girls or a little car for my boys. On my return I would give them the gift. They would always be excited. I would always get a hug and a kiss. There would be great gratitude and thanks because I come back I had come back with a blessing and they were excited about the blessing. What made me feel good and excited me was the fact that they were excited about the blessor. I got a hug and I got a kiss as they expressed gratitude. But after a while, they began to look forward to my trips. They wanted me to leave again. In other words, my kids were so into the blessings that they had lost sight of the bless-er. As long as the bless-er brought back a blessing, they were fine. A lot of folk want to come to church and don’t want to mess with the bless-er. They just want the bless-er to leave behind the blessing.”

What a shame!!



Thought: If you only focus on the blessing, then you have missed the greatest blessing of all – “the bless-er”.


Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email