Saturday, March 30, 2019

Daily Devotion: Y – Youth


Bible Reading: Proverbs 7:6-27

Key Verse: Verse 7 - “And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,

Key Words: a young man void of understanding

The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe that experience is a substitute for intelligence. Both are needed.

Someone wrote the following, whom I do not know, and I found it to be a blessing. I hope you will as well.

Things I wish I had known before I was twenty-one.
  • That a man’s habits are mighty hard to change after he is twenty-one.
  • That a harvest depends on the seeds sown.
  • That things worthwhile require time, patience, and work.
  • That you cannot get something for nothing.
  • The value of absolute truthfulness.
  • The folly of not taking other people’s advice.
  • That what my mother wanted me to do was right.
  • That dad wasn’t an old fogey after all.
  • More of the helpful and inspiring messages of the Bible.
  • The greatness of the opportunity and joy of serving a fellowman.
  • That Jesus Christ wants to be my Savior and Friend.

What to do:
✞ Remember, you are only young once; but you can be immature indefinitely.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email