Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Daily Devotion: P - Protection


Bible Reading: Matthew 28

Key Verse: Verse 20 - “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Key Words: lo, I am with you alway

God’s promise to always be with us should produce great joy and comfort. We know that God always cares for us, even when it may appear that this is not the case.

In 1680, after soldiers had dragged away her husband, William, because of his outspoken preaching, Marion Veitch said: “It bred some new trouble and fear to my spirit; but He was graciously pleased to set home that word ‘He does all things well; Trust in the Lord and fear not what man can do’; which brought peace to me in such a measure that I was made to wonder; for all the time the officers were in the house He supported me so that I was not in the least discouraged before them.”

Shortly afterward news arrived that William was to be hanged. Marion rode horseback through a blinding January snowstorm to Morpeth jail, arriving at midnight. At daybreak, she was given a few moments with her husband, “then I went to a friend’s house and wept my fill.” That day, prosecutor Thomas Bell announced, “Veitch will hang tomorrow as he deserves.”

But that evening, Mr. Bell tarried at a friend’s house, drinking and talking until past ten. The night was dark and cold when he left for home. He never arrived. Two days later, his body was found in the river, frozen up to his arms in a solid block of ice.

William Veitch was released, and he and Marion lived to ripe old age, passing their Godly heritage on to their children and grandchildren.

The Lord’s peace had, as usual, been followed by His providence.

To God be the glory for His wonderful watch care over us.


What to do:
✞ Remember, the more we trust the God of heaven, the less we fear the calamities of earth.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email