Saturday, May 6, 2017

Daily Devotion: A Time For Everything

Bible Reading: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Key Verse: Verse 1 – “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"

Key Words: To every thing there is a season, and a time

We read in Ecclesiastes 3:1, “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.” If you were to read Ecclesiastes 3:2-8, you would read a list of twenty-eight things which have a “time.” Everything has a time. Yes, even to God promptness is important. We read in Ephesians 5:16, “Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.”

One of our members sent me the following in regard to punctuality.
  1. I could never think well of a man’s intellectual or moral character if he was habitually unfaithful to his appointments. (Emnons)
  2. Method is the very hinge of business; and there is no method without punctuality.
  3. Appointments once made, become debts. If I have made an appointment with you, I owe you punctuality; I have no right to throw away your time, if I do my own. (Cecil)
  4. I have always been a quarter of an hour before my time, and it has made a man of me. (Lord Nelson)
  5. Want of punctuality is a want of virtue. (J. M. Mason)
  6. I give it as my deliberate and solemn conviction that the individual who is habitually tardy in meeting an appointment, will never be respected or successful in life. (W. Fisk)
  7. Every child should be taught (Proverbs 22:6) to pay all his debts, and to fulfill all his contracts, exactly in manner, completely in value, punctually at the time specified. Everything he has borrowed, he should be obliged to return.
William Shakespeare said, “Better to be three hours early than one minute late.” One’s promptness does affect his testimony.

An airline pilot flying over the southeastern U. S. called the local tower and said, “We are passing over at 35,000 – give us a time check.” The tower said “What airline are you?” “What difference does it make? I just want the time,” replied the pilot. The tower responded, “Oh, it makes a lot of difference. If you are TransWorld Airline or Pan Am, it is 1600. If you are United or Delta, it is 4 o’clock. If you are Southern Airways, the little hand is on the 4 and the big hand is on the 12. If you are Skyway Airlines – it’s Thursday.”

What to do:
✞ Be prompt – it is important.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email