Saturday, May 13, 2017

Daily Devotion: My Portion

Bible Reading: Ecclesiastes 5:18-20

Key Verse: Verse 18 – “Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion."

Key Words: for it is his portion

We are a blessed people. God has given me my portion. Now my portion may not be as much as others or maybe my portion is more than others. No matter what it may be, it is a gift from God.

It’s when we understand this that we can genuinely worship God.

You’ve heard of the testimony of H. J. Heinz, the wealthy founder of your favorite ketchup company. In his last will and testament he stated these words: “Looking forward to the time when my earthly career shall end, I desire to set forth at the very beginning of this will, as the most important thing in it, a confession of my faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour; I also desire to bear witness to the fact that throughout my life, in which were the usual joys and sorrows, I have been wonderfully sustained by my faith in God. To Him I attribute any success I may have obtained during my lifetime.”

Heinz knew great earthly success and fortune, but he kept a right perspective on worship. Sincere worship of the highest Lord anchored his heart to truth. He discovered that Jesus is a better Lord and Saviour than ketchup or any wealth it could bring.


What to do:
✞ Rejoice over your portion rather than becoming bitter over what you don’t have.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email